.ELITE.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
.ELITE.

Make sure you stay active on the forum!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Some basic 411 about raiding and combat hierarchy.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Quickbeam
Solar Satellite
Solar Satellite

Some basic 411 about raiding and combat hierarchy. Empty
PostSubject: Some basic 411 about raiding and combat hierarchy.   Some basic 411 about raiding and combat hierarchy. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 12:06 pm

This is a more concise, abridged version of information readily available through other means. I welcome feedback and questions in hope of improving the delivery of the data below. In other words, if I need to add, remove, or change anything below, PLEASE tell me. TIA and I HTH!

Please consult this if you plan on making any big raids:

All things being equal and in reasonable situations:
Cruisers beat Light Fighters
Heavy Fighters beat Small Cargoes
A couple of Battleships beat Destroyers
Bombers pretty much beat any defense (except Plasma Turrets)
Battlecruisers beat Heavy Fighters, Cruisers, and Battleships
Destroyers beat Battlecruisers
Deathstars beat everything. It takes 20 Destroyers and 150 Battleships to destroy one Deathstar.
Always remember to use Light (and maybe Heavy) Fighters as fodder to spread the damage away from your other ships.

1. When espionaging, make sure you get a report on EVERYTHING (Resources, Fleets, Defenses, Buildings, and Research).
2. Use the Drago-Sim link below. This is an extremely useful tool. If you need help using it, just ask.
3. Enter in ALL of your information from the espionage report.
4. If Drago-Sim says that you will win 100 times, go ahead and attack. Anything less than that, don't attack.

Wiki:
http://ogame.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Combat Sims:
http://websim.speedsim.net/
http://drago-sim.com/index.php?lang=english
Back to top Go down
memphis
Super Mod
Super Mod
memphis

PostSubject: Re: Some basic 411 about raiding and combat hierarchy.   Some basic 411 about raiding and combat hierarchy. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 4:18 pm

Thanks mate learnt something new. 20 destroyers and 150 battleships to destroy 1 death star. Bloody hell i want one lol!

Joking aside thanks for putting up the info im sure it will help alot of us.
Back to top Go down
memphis
Super Mod
Super Mod
memphis

PostSubject: Re: Some basic 411 about raiding and combat hierarchy.   Some basic 411 about raiding and combat hierarchy. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 6:05 pm

Another good simulator that i use is Speedsim. You do the same as drago-sim. It gives you the outcome of each attack, for example how much you are to gain and if the attack doesnt look like you are going to win, it would tell you what you would lose.

Both are very good sims but as speedsim hasnt let me down yet i will carry on using this.
Back to top Go down
Quickbeam
Solar Satellite
Solar Satellite

PostSubject: Re: Some basic 411 about raiding and combat hierarchy.   Some basic 411 about raiding and combat hierarchy. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 7:49 pm

Menphis512 wrote:
Another good simulator that i use is Speedsim.

Is the one you mean different than the link to the one in my original post?
Back to top Go down
memphis
Super Mod
Super Mod
memphis

PostSubject: Re: Some basic 411 about raiding and combat hierarchy.   Some basic 411 about raiding and combat hierarchy. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 8:01 pm

Its pretty much the same but you can download it, just a little program that you can open up over your probe report.

http://www.speedsim.net/index.php?page=downloads
Back to top Go down
Quickbeam
Solar Satellite
Solar Satellite

PostSubject: Re: Some basic 411 about raiding and combat hierarchy.   Some basic 411 about raiding and combat hierarchy. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 9:38 pm

Ooooooh, downloadabley![/Homer Simpson] Thanks for the link.
Back to top Go down
whitesoxs01
Espionage Probe
Espionage Probe

PostSubject: Re: Some basic 411 about raiding and combat hierarchy.   Some basic 411 about raiding and combat hierarchy. EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 8:06 pm

Any suggestion on what a raiding fleet should look like once you have the ability to build whatever you want. I am now capable of building battleships, cruisers, bombers (and fighters of course). Is there a particular combinations. I noticed most people I have seen have 100% battleships, is that the best?

Last edited by whitesoxs01 on Thu May 01, 2008 4:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
memphis
Super Mod
Super Mod
memphis

PostSubject: Re: Some basic 411 about raiding and combat hierarchy.   Some basic 411 about raiding and combat hierarchy. EmptyThu May 01, 2008 1:45 am

I tend to do 25 LF, 25 HF, 10C, 2BS and 2BC
Back to top Go down
KB1ION
Solar Satellite
Solar Satellite

PostSubject: Re: Some basic 411 about raiding and combat hierarchy.   Some basic 411 about raiding and combat hierarchy. EmptyThu May 01, 2008 1:31 pm

I have noticed from speedsim that if I ever send LF, HF, or Cruisers I tend to take some losses as compared to sending just BSs' Ideally in raiding planets you should take no losses.. Fleet bashing on the otherhand, a little higher loss is acceptable, not preferred, so sending cannon fodder does help.

Just my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some basic 411 about raiding and combat hierarchy.   Some basic 411 about raiding and combat hierarchy. Empty

Back to top Go down

Some basic 411 about raiding and combat hierarchy.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
.ELITE. :: Alliance Forums :: Game Info-
Jump to: